The Blue Grey Cattle Group
With regard to beef from traditional Blue Grey steers, the aims of the Blue Grey Cattle Group are as follows:
- To raise public awareness of the Blue Grey traditional breed and its excellent quality beef
- To raise public awareness of the significance of the Blue Grey to the survival of the rarest farmed breed in the country, the Whitebred Shorthorn sire of the Blue Grey.
- To encourage consumers to seek out beef from Blue Greys and so help re-establish the identity of the breed.
- To inform the public about the environmental grazing credentials and low carbon hoof print of traditional breeds of cattle such as the Blue Grey.
- To increase demand for Blue Grey beef amongst consumers
- To open up further routes to market for Blue Grey cattle breeders
- To encourage chefs, hoteliers and restauranteurs to profile and champion beef from Blue Greys
A Blue Grey Cattle Group Show Stall
move to 1